Sunday, March 04, 2007

Catching Up

It’s been a while since we lasted posted to our blog. We apologize for the delay and thank those of you who have sent emails expressing how much you’ve enjoyed the stories and photos of our time in India. Circumstances have made it extremely difficult to post but we’ve been filing away in memory the highlights of our experience in India so that we could post new messages once it became possible. Now, thanks to a loaned laptop from our friend Shivadas, we’re able to catch up on the backlog of blogs waiting to be posted.



Since last posting, we’ve completed the middle third of our year at Sri Sai Kaleshwar’s ashram in Penukonda, India. Looking back now, I realize that during the first few months at the ashram we were getting used to the new environment and clearing a lot of variant energies that we brought with us from home. With that clearing of discordant energies came greater clarity, peace and an increased sensitivity to the powerful divine energy that permeates this place. As the clearing progressed, we felt more and more free from the conditioning that we are so accustomed to that we fail to even recognize it. As the shells began to peel away, like layers of onion, more essential qualities began to be revealed. The contrast between our new experience and what we were used to back at home became more obvious. I was struck by how cynical western culture is. The mind-set of western society is impossible to escape when you’re living inside it. Until one gets outside it, you can’t see the forest for the trees. The prevailing cynicism of western society creates a deadening of the heart that makes it increasingly more difficult to experience true peace, joy and love. I frequently remembered the prayer that we said at the school I attended in my youth:

Dear Lord.
Protect me from the cynical mind
That scoffs at Truth and Beauty
And makes of no account
Those things which are of good report.


The past several months has been a wonderful and extremely productive period, a time of intensive study of the inner mechanisms of advanced spirituality along with visits to some of India’s most sacred temples and power places. The year long university program that we’re attending is called the Soul University and it’s an appropriate name because the subject of our study is the inner mechanisms of the soul. What we’re learning is quenching a spiritual thirst that I’ve had as long as I can remember.

Since first entering the spiritual path as a teenager, I longed for something that I sensed was possible but not yet realized. Initially, I conceived of it as Truth or Happiness, perhaps even Fulfillment, but now I understand that what I was always yearning for was God Realization. This spiritual yearning spurned me on through a series of life experiences. Some of these experiences were deeply rewarding and some were deeply painful, but they always lead me onward toward returning to the Source. Like an explorer attempting to climb a distant peak, I traversed the varied terrain of the inner landscape. Sometimes the path led downhill where we the way was easy and a joy to behold. Sometimes, I found myself climbing steep slopes where I doubted my ability to go on. Sometimes, I felt bogged down in the swamps of discouragement and depression. Sometimes, after persevering through the difficulties, I found myself on a new plateau of awareness enjoying expansive views from that new level of consciousness. What drove me on was the inner knowing, the conviction, that enlightenment was real, that great souls like Buddha and Christ had experienced it and that it was indeed possible for us all to attain it. Somehow, I knew that it was not only possible to achieve enlightenment but that doing so was ultimately the purpose of all of our lives. That conviction led me to a succession of teachers, each of whom provided me with a necessary piece of the puzzle of life. I see now that each teacher was right for that time and gave me what my soul needed at that point in my evolution. Now, the path has led to the feet of Sri Sai Kaleshwar, a living saint and Siddha Master, whose purpose in life is to create masters with supernatural miracle healing power who can go out into the world to heal souls and heal the planet.

Tara and I are so deeply grateful to have been given the opportunity to spend a year in this amazing place, learning such deeply profound divine knowledge. Penukonda is now our spiritual home. Since our training is still in progress, I won’t go into detail describing our studies. That will have to wait until we have completed the University year and return to the States to begin sharing what we have learned here.

For now, the general overview of what we are studying can be described as learning how to:

- heal the soul
- communicate with angels and Divine Souls
- heal over long distance
- use mantras, yantras and power objects to heal
- open channels to the Divine
- have darshan of the Divine Mother and Father
- become a Divine Soul

For those interested in learning more about these subjects, we recommend reading, "The Divine Mystery Fort – Vol One," which is available over the internet from Deva Publishing.

When Tara and I first discovered this book at Open Secret bookstore in San Rafael, CA, we were amazed to discover that it contained the most advanced spiritual knowledge that we had ever seen any teacher give. It was immediately apparent that Sri Kaleshwar was opening the spiritual treasure chest and offering to those who were interested spiritual knowledge that had hither to been kept secret by masters of the East. Kaleshwar is making available the esoteric secrets that great masters like Christ and Buddha knew but only shared with their closest disciples. In addition, he is helping his students become masters themselves. As Christ said, "The least among you will do greater works than these." Now is the time for spiritual masters with miracle healing power to go forth to heal the heartbreak of the world. This is what inspired us to apply to Sri Kaleshwar’s Soul University. Now we understand why Sri Kaleshwar says, "My greatest gift to the world is my students."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home